All Clock-dependent apps stop working

mommi84

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I own a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2, which has always been working smoothly until a few weeks ago.
All of a sudden, many applications stopped working, when asked to complete a certain task. This is something I experienced:
  • when trying to add an alarm, Clock throws an exception: "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped."
  • when opening S Planner settings: "Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped."
  • some other applications while running in foreground (SleepBot, Google Calendar, ...) or background (DropBox, ScoreMobile, ...) stop working
I don't know whether it is relevant, but this seems to affect at least all Clock-dependent apps.
I've been trying a lot of solutions (including this one), but to no avail. Is factory data reset the only way?

Thanks for your help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Factory Reset won't do you any good if the Google Play Store is set to automatically reinstall all of your apps.

I assume that there was nothing noteworthy that got installed around the time the problems started? You could look in Google Play Store -> My apps -> ALL for a chronological view of the apps that you recently installed, and just start uninstalling things (followed by a restart) until the problem goes away.

Or you could try booting into Safe mode and see if the problem persists.

Edit: you could also boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache. I don't think it'll help but it's an easy thing to do.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

mommi84

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, uninstalling recent apps didn't help. The problem still persists in safe mode and clearing system cache didn't change anything.
As it's more likely a system error rather than an application conflict, I think I'll go for a factory data reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol