Hi,
    I own a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2, which has always been working smoothly until a few weeks ago.
    All of a sudden, many applications stopped working, when asked to complete a certain task. This is something I experienced:
    • when trying to add an alarm, Clock throws an exception: "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped."
    • when opening S Planner settings: "Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped."
    • some other applications while running in foreground (SleepBot, Google Calendar, ...) or background (DropBox, ScoreMobile, ...) stop working

I don't know whether it is relevant, but this seems to affect at least all Clock-dependent apps.
    I've been trying a lot of solutions (including this one), but to no avail. Is factory data reset the only way?

Thanks for your help.
    11-24-2013 05:56 PM
    Factory Reset won't do you any good if the Google Play Store is set to automatically reinstall all of your apps.

I assume that there was nothing noteworthy that got installed around the time the problems started? You could look in Google Play Store -> My apps -> ALL for a chronological view of the apps that you recently installed, and just start uninstalling things (followed by a restart) until the problem goes away.

Or you could try booting into Safe mode and see if the problem persists.

Edit: you could also boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache. I don't think it'll help but it's an easy thing to do.
    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    11-24-2013 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, uninstalling recent apps didn't help. The problem still persists in safe mode and clearing system cache didn't change anything.
    As it's more likely a system error rather than an application conflict, I think I'll go for a factory data reset.
    11-25-2013 09:40 AM