The stock Swype keyboard is driving me INSANE... I've installed Touchpal and Swiftkey and no matter if I set either of those to default keyboard next time I go to type Swype magically is the default keyboard and I hate it. Somehow Swype keeps getting magically set to be the default keyboard input no matter what I do.

I cant freeze Swype with titanium backup with getting the paid version but I can delete the app, I'm just worried since its a system app it might screw something up I've never deleted any of the system apps or bloatware on my phone since I rooted it this would be the first time.
    11-25-2013 09:50 PM
    Hello,

Yes you could handle it by rooting and deleting the app or using Titanium to freeze it. But, do you have the option from within Settings/Apps/Manage Apps/Swype to DISABLE it? Also while there check to make sure on Swype, lower down in the options make sure DEFAULTS are CLEARED on Swype.
    11-25-2013 10:21 PM
    Every time I set the Default setting to Touchpal X or Swiftkey and go to send a text message or something it might stay the default for that text message but next time I go to type something somehow my default setting has magically changed to Swype instead of Touchpal X or Swiftkey.

Also Swype is greyed out in the phones Keyboard and input options so i cannot Uncheck it.

EDIT: I never thought to check in the App Manager to disable it instead of the keyboard and input settings, It looks like in the app manager I can atleast disable it. Will see if that keeps it from working.
    Paul627g likes this.
    11-25-2013 10:31 PM
    I've been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks. Using app mgr to disable Swype & Samsung keyboards had no effect. Freezing them in Titanium Backup prevented those keyboards from appearing, but after any period of time away from my phone, I still had to set the default keyboard to SwiftKey to get it to appear.
    12-01-2013 02:59 PM