Samsung Galaxy s3--- camera failed??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down until you find the Camera app, select it and then Clear cache and Clear data.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm; well, try the same thing with Gallery (be sure to backup your pictures/videos first) and Media Storage - if that doesn't work then it's time for a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Anuj Vohra

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache
3. Delete everything in this folder
4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache
5. Delete everything in this folder
6. Restart your phone
7. Camera works :)

Elysianis

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I believe I have found the answer. If you use GO Launcher on your phone and you have the GO Flashlight. You can try this to see if you have the conflict I had. Turn the flashlight on then back off. Try your camera. If it works you have a conflict between the programs. I deleted the GO Flashlight and restarted my phone to see if it was a fluke. Camera came right up.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
My phone is doing the same thing but this stated after a tech at sprint put a new screen on my phone.
It's quite possible that the technician swapped the complete screen assembly and included a camera that had different firmware. Obviously you should get the tech at Sprint to solve this problem as well; but if you don't want to go that route you could try updating the firmware yourself.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol