meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's the update to Android 4.3. All US GS3s were at 4.1.2 (or earlier). As for what the benefits and downsides of 4.3 are, search and read.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Meyer is in a snarky mood - he's usually more informative than that.
:rolleyes:

4.3 continues Google's UI redesign; it also includes Samsung's workaround that allows apps to be installed to the SD card; it includes an Enterprise feature called Knox that is supposed to help keep the device more secure (but which current information says will make it more difficult to root your phone, revert to previous builds or load other ROMs [if you're into that sort of thing - if not, don't worry about it])

BTW, you might want to give it a few hours before you repost for a follow-up - not everyone is constantly checking to see if there are any new posts (some people actually have lives outside of the forums).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Whitney Victorine

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
OK well I have a life too I just so happen to be taking the time I have today to try to figure out some of my phone issues while I can. Don't trip I will figure it all out on my own..... Thanks anyway!

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not snarky, but with the broken wrist I'm not up for typing long responses. AND there is a ton of information already posted, both in the forums and in the blog, about 4.3. More than I could possibly explain.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
but with the broken wrist
:eek:
Hey, sorry to hear about that. Hope you have a good recovery, and no more instances of whatever it was that caused it - we're not getting any younger.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and let's not forget the addition of support for Galaxy Gear! That's probably the main reason (from Samsung's point of view anyway) for getting 4.3 out to all devices.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
The International 4.3 is back out today! Great! I get my phone back to being a phone :)
I have seen KNOX isnt in the update for some reason?