I dropped my SIII in the water, it was there for sometime around 10 min., I removed the back part and did my best to remove the water and dry it up, when used the switch on button the mobile flush go on but the phone screen was still black!!!
    And then the flash went off...... Kindly give me your urgent advice..
    12-05-2013 11:32 PM
    I dropped my SIII in the water, it was there for sometime around 10 min., I removed the back part and did my best to remove the water and dry it up, when used the switch on button the mobile flush go on but the phone screen was still black!!!
    And then the flash went off...... Kindly give me your urgent advice..
    Do you have any insurance on the phone?
    Only thing I know of that could help would be to leave the battery out, dry the phone as much as you possibly can and leave it in a container with rice (YES, rice!) or silica gel for a few days as that will suck up all the moisture.
    Why was your phone in the water for so long?
    12-05-2013 11:37 PM
    Get a Tupperware contailer twice the size of the phone and about four-six inches deep, line the bottom of the container with an inch or two of baking soda, then another two inches of rice, set phone and battery inside and place lid on, put somewhere dark and dry for about 48hrs. DO NOT TRY AND POWER ON PHONE BEFORE 48HRS!!!! Hope this helps.

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
    SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    12-05-2013 11:38 PM
    I didn't know it was in there
    Will that really help? Putting it in rice?? Do does it mean if I can remove the water from the inside parts of the phone then it will work?
    12-05-2013 11:45 PM
    thank you
    12-05-2013 11:48 PM
    I didn't know it was in there
    Will that really help? Putting it in rice?? Do does it mean if I can remove the water from the inside parts of the phone then it will work?
    Ya the rice will suck up all the moisture even from the inside of the phone. Hopefully it will work.

The best thing to do is when it falls in water, it doesnt matter how long, Pull the batt right away(don't try to turn it on) and put it in rice for up to 2 days.
    12-05-2013 11:52 PM
    But I did try to operate it as I said earlier and the flush got turned on by itself, so what does that mean?
    12-06-2013 12:11 AM
    Just hope I didn't make things worse by doing that..
    12-06-2013 12:16 AM
    But I did try to operate it as I said earlier and the flush got turned on by itself, so what does that mean?
    There is a chance something could of gotten shorted out. Also a chance that it just stopped working and could start working once it is dry. From what i seen, you nvr really know what to expect. it could work completely fine when it is dry. Or some things might not work. or it wont work at all. basically cross your fingers and hope it all works when it is dried out.
    12-06-2013 12:24 AM
    There is a chance something could of gotten shorted out. Also a chance that it just stopped working and could start working once it is dry. From what i seen, you nvr really know what to expect. it could work completely fine when it is dry. Or some things might not work. or it wont work at all. basically cross your fingers and hope it all works when it is dried out.
    Really appreciate your concern and advice.......
    thank you
    12-06-2013 01:28 PM
    Before putting it in rice, remove the back and the battery.
    Good luck.
    12-06-2013 03:05 PM