Vodaphone S3: Stumped

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i am stuck & need some answers please. I am on Vodafone with SGS3 with 4.3 on it ( ota myself ) but it was bug riddled as we all know. I down graded it via odin but now i see though Kies the following message - Your device's firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies. I have this below - PDA:MJ9 / PHONE:MJ9 / CSC:MJ9 (KOR)

Any ideas please?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stumped

Umm, where did you get the build that you loaded via Odin? Can you provide a link?

What model and region are you in?

Do you remember what build (like the MJ9 part) you had before you upgraded to 4.3?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I have a GT-I9300 UK
I am unable to recall where i got it but i did look at Vodafone & Sam Mobile & downloaded this.
Have you or anybody got any ideas as i am convinced i should be BTU or Voda

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Please help, this Firmware is killing me, I'm about ready to root my phone which won't be good as I am not confident.

Posted via Android Central App

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

For installing what is billed as "The first ever leak of 4.3, I hope you learned a lesson.

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Yes i have, totally but now Kies says - PDA:MK6 / PHONE:MK1 / CSC:MK4 (KOR)
What is the KOR?
I am complete clot & i hang my head in total shame

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

KOR sounds like the region code for Korea.

Sounds like you need this

Be sure to boot into Recovery mode and clear the cache and perform a Factory Reset after updating the firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, i am downloading it now, thank you again

This might interest you; I have an unlocked S3 in UK & got the 4.3 update, which as we all know was terrible. I did however, get an update to that which fixed every single problem I had; no doubt the carriers are not too far behind.
Good luck though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

roguetrader,
Is the newer build the MK6 firmware?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Barry,
You loaded the firmware that I pointed out? And Odin said that it completed successfully? The Phone and CSC should both have been updated to MK6.

And you did clear the system cache and perform a Factory Reset after updating the firmware?

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

I've started again, i've wiped the system cache and perform a Factory Reset, now downloading via Odin3 now, once that's done, i'll go back & wipe the system cache & preform another factory reset

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

I've found the Mk6 Firmware on Sam Mobile so will get it on later unless I get more interruptions again like last night

Posted via Android Central App

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Hey, i've put on my GSG3 GT-I9300 Galaxy S III
PDA: I9300XXUGMK6
CSC: I9300OXAGMK6
MODEM: I9300XXUGMK6
Added: 2013-12-15

But i looked & it came up with KOR again so i am retrying again

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Barry,
Now that everything is showing MK6 you can try using Kies and see if it'll load the correct region - in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point).

Hopefully Kies will load the correct region this time around.

I'm not sure what's up with the firmware on Sammobile...

Barry Allington

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Before i put it on Kies, my Baseband Version - I9300XXUGMK6
my Kernel Version - 3.0.31-2168382 se.infra@RO301-02 #1 Thu Nov 28 21:02:26 KST 2013
my Build number is - JSS15J.I9300XXUGMK6
This is my current info on my phone, i hope it makes sense to somebody lol