low memory , cant see device memory in setting

mister1234

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a samsung s3, the internal memory keeps on getting filled up, i try to check the size of the device by going to settings > storage, however it keeps on saying calculating for each of the tabs e.g applications, pictures, misc and doesnt stop to show to size.... i dont have anything inside my internal memory as i copied to my sd card, im not sure exactly what is eating up my memory?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Try booting into Safe mode and then check the Storage view. We need a starting point for troubleshooting.

What model/firmware?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Remove the SD card and see what happens.

Otherwise, it's time to make a backup and nuke it (Factory Reset).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I already factor reseted it 3 weeks ago
Did the Storage view work correctly immediately after the reset (before you reloaded your apps through the Google Play Store)?

This sure sounds like an app problem.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try something like DiskUsage: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage - it'll give you a graphical view of your storage use, allowing you to see the biggest users.
pu6ydaqu.jpg
Then you can target uninstalling the app(s) responsible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae