Hi

Just upgraded to Kies 3.0...no choice with my S3 using 4.3. It keeps crashing when I attempt to sync anything with Outlook 2003. I didnt have any problems with the old Kies S3 OS but as I said I was forced to upgrade. Chatted with a Samsung rep...totally useless.

Anyone else having problems and have you found a solution?

Posted via Android Central App
    12-16-2013 06:11 PM
    When you first ran the new version of Kies did you go in and check for updates (Help -> Check for updates)? Silly question perhaps but it doesn't always load the latest updates.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    12-16-2013 11:00 PM
    Hi Christianbiker.
    I have an S4 (previously an S2) and I was also forced to Kies 3.0, because of Andriod update to 4.3.
    Had the same problems as you with Outlook 2007.
    I have now dropped Kies, and is now using Outlook Connector (also works for Outlook 2003) from Microsoft.
    Anything I now change in Outlook or in my phone is now transferred automaticly both ways(no cables).... MEGA nice
    This works for mails, contacts, calender and tasks
    The only thing not working is editing contacts on the phone which came from Outlook, but I think this is a Android issue,
    and I can live with that
    GSDer likes this.
    12-20-2013 06:07 AM
    Ohhh...that sounds interesting. I will give it a try. Thanks.

12-22-2013 10:06 PM
    Does this only work for Live Hotmail and Live Mail?

I use Gmail and Yahoo but don't want to download it if there is no use.

12-27-2013 04:35 PM
    I have same problem. I have the latest Kies 3.0 and I have uninstalled and re-installed Kies 3. I have also turned off Anti-Virus software.
    But Kies crashes everytime I try to sync my S3 to Outlook 2003.
    I am looking for a non-cloud solution with direct USB or Wifi connection from my PC to S3.
    12-29-2013 04:57 PM
    Hi Svendt,
    Could you please explain to me how exactly you managed to connect your laptop/pc to your Galaxy SIII? I would prefer to go via Bluetooth, and like to have the synchronisation (from and to Outlook 2007; Contacts & Calendar) to go automatically.
    NOTE: I'm completely new to this matter, in fact I will receive my first "real" smartphone (SIII Blue) to be delivered tomorrow morning. As a perfectionist I'd like to stick to the very smooth operating PCSuite from Nokia that I've used for the last years (Nokia C3).
    Thanks in advance for replying.
    Rob
    01-14-2014 09:44 AM
    Hi there christainbiker,
    I have exactly the same issue with Outlook 2003 on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS.
    I formatted and redid my PC end of December to have a nice clean start for the year.
    Installed latest Kies 3 and bam...it simply crashes when I press the sync button. C'mon Samsung I
    am so regretting going over to the dark side since iPhone...should've gone for an iPhone 5 instead
    of the Galaxy S4...I am sooooo bitterly disappointed...everything else in my house is Samsung...
    Still no solution in sight...
    01-16-2014 07:57 AM
    The Kies 3 Outlook Calendar Problem continues well into 2014 now, updates helped a lot and made great progress.

But then they stopped coming right as there were only a few bugs left. The Kies 3 Software is totally sub-par.
    It needs at least two or 3 more updates to get it right. Don't they have testers for this Software??????
    Possibly sub contract it out and let them just start over from the file structure on up? Something...

I bought the Galaxy Note III in December and the Calendar Sync with Kies 3 has always been the biggest issue.

And I'm not upgrading from Android 4.2 to 4.3, thank you very much. If it permanently fixed this single issue I would but this sucks guys!

JpE
    07-08-2014 09:37 PM
    So here we are October 16 2014. I am on a Dell Windows 8.1 Laptop and Using a Samsung S3 - it starts to sync and then it gets stuck at the 10% mark - "loading Schedule data" - unbelievably annoying. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing Kies 3 software - does not work. Up until a week ago prior to the firmware being upgraded it worked just fine - now it doesn't.
    10-16-2014 03:15 AM