My Galaxy S3 says it's docked but it's not??

Savannah Corralez

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
So today I was running to my car and it was raining a little bit and my phone fell into a puddle of water, I quickly went and saved it and I automatically took out the battery and dried it up. It didn't really get wet but just to be on the safe side. Then I turned it on and it started saying that my phone was docked.. I don't even have it charging or connected to any USB cable. I tried restarting it to see if it would say that it wasn't docked. But it still said it was docked.. Any ideas to help me?? Thanks in advance! :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Any time a phone gets wet:
- immediately remove the back and pull the battery (you did this - great!)
- dry off any obvious moisture with a paper towel or something similar
- put the phone and battery (still separated) into a sealed container (ziplock bag, whatever) of uncooked rice, being sure that the rice covers the phone
- leave it there for at least two days; the longer the better (the rice acts like a desiccant, drawing the moisture from the surrounding area, which is why the container needs to be sealed)

After all of that you can take the phone and battery out, blow them off with a hair dryer (on cool) or compressed air, put it all back together and turn it on.

Since you've already turned it on you may have done some damage, which would account for the strange behavior. You can still try the rice treatment and see what happens. Good luck.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34