Samsung S3 won't send MMS

XylerAston

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 that I am using with Straight Talk. I have talked to customer service and Samsung and I can't figure out why my phone won't send a picture. When I try to send a picture it just sits there, sometimes for hours, trying to send the message and I'll eventually just get the message "MMS Failed". All you see when trying to send is the load circle. I've seen on the forums where people suggest adding an APN; however, I cannot add an APN. I don't have that option and Straight Talk says that I actually don't need an APN or it's already built in or something. Anyone know how to fix this?

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
How is your 3G/4G signal when it fails? If you are in a weak signal area it just will not go. If you are on 2G/Edge it won't work either.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anything about the difference between the Sprint version phone and the AT&T version, but apparently the latter requires APN changes http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=287144
(Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3)

Perhaps something in that thread will prove useful - if not, sorry for misdirecting you.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

sem123

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Try this, Before you go to setting go to google and type in eg (vodafone MMS port- to find out what is your MMSC and MMS port) once you got it.
Now go to:
Setting
More Settings
Mobile Network
Access Point Name
Select your prefer Network Option (APNs)
Under MMSC(type the https site)
Change your MMS port eg(8080) might be different depend which country you in.
and LAST. APN type (type - mms,supl)

hope this helps.. It works for me when nothing else does.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz