Kies doesn't read my phone?

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a AT&T SGH-I747 and when I go on kies it doesn't read it? (yes I WAS rooted the 4.3 update removed it which kies couldn't read it before and after) help? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the correct version of Kies (v3) installed?

Are you on a Windows-based computer? Which OS version?

Are you using the data cable that originally came with the phone?

When you connect the phone to the PC, does the phone show the USB icon in the Status bar? Does the PC beep once?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
it says kies doesn't support my phones version
I must've misunderstood you - I thought you were saying that Kies didn't detect your phone. You're actually saying that Kies detects your phone but says it isn't supported?

What model/carrier/region, and what firmware did you have on there before you loaded 4.3? You said it was rooted - anything else?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I must've misunderstood you - I thought you were saying that Kies didn't detect your phone. You're actually saying that Kies detects your phone but says it isn't supported?

What model/carrier/region, and what firmware did you have on there before you loaded 4.3? You said it was rooted - anything else?

Model: SGH-I747 Carrier: AT&T I had 4.1.1 before and yes I was rooted but I did the 4.3 update through OTA which removed it

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you still have custom Recovery software (CWM; TWRP) installed?
When you run Kies and connect your phone, what does it show? Can you take a screenshot of the Basic information tab and attach it (don't forget to cover up the phone number)? It should look something like this
u7y2a8y7.jpg
although this is from Kies v2

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you still have custom Recovery software (CWM; TWRP) installed?
When you run Kies and connect your phone, what does it show? Can you take a screenshot of the Basic information tab and attach it (don't forget to cover up the phone number)? It should look something like thishttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/27/u7y2a8y7.jpgalthough this is from Kies v2

Is CWM the problem? I do have it still installed...