not using wifi, only data

benking10

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
My galaxy S3 has been using data even when wifi is connected. I tried turning data off and it won't connect to anything. The wifi says it's connected but the phone won't use it. Is there something I can change in the settings?

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I realize that you're new to the forums, but you haven't provided enough information:
- has it always done this or did it start recently?
- if the latter, did you just happen to update to 4.3?
- have you tried other Wi-Fi connections with the same result?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

benking10

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
It started about a month ago. I have not updated my phone recently because the phone won't use Wi-Fi. I am on at&t. I tried using other Wi-Fi networks and nothing will work.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Time to make a backup of your data and then perform a Factory Reset. Skip all of the setup steps (don't even set up your Google account) and test Wi-Fi - if it doesn't work then, it's time to get a replacement.

The only other suggestion (if you're not going to load 4.3) would be to reload the current firmware using Odin, or see if you can find a flashable zip file with just radios - it's possible that reloading the radios will fix the problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12