Old Google Maps

2shortplanks

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Since this phone somehow managed to update all by itself to android 4.3, and it seems that this is now unfortunately non reversible, doe's anyone know how to get the old version of google maps back? Before the phone updated, the new version of the maps appeared on my phone. I was able to resort to the old version by uninstalling updates and, thankfully the old, reliable version reappeared. Now I seem to be stuck with this new **** version, that tells me I am 10 minutes away from my home, even when I am standing by the front door! There doesn't appear to be any updates on the phone to uninstall. I checked thru the app store but only this new version is available.
I am starting to lose patience with android, keep updating, but at least give us an option of what we want. Why on earth have google released this new version of maps, when it looks crap, and more importantly is unreliable.
Any help greatly appreciated.:(

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There's no way to uninstall the updates and resort to the old. I would suggest force stopping then clear data within system settings > applications > Google Maps and see if that helps improve your location reporting issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde