did an update, now the phone won't start

sessny

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
My galaxy s3 has been acting up lately... sometimes the screen would go black and i can't do anything. during these times I simply took out the battery, put it back in and everything worked... since it was fine, I assumed it was just getting old so I never cared much about it.
but today there was a device software update that needed completion (being not very technical and caring, I didn't check the details, I just pressed install updates and the device restarted.)
when the update was complete, the phone usually starts itself up, except mine didn't. so I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, it didn't work. I just reach the screen that says Samsung Galaxy S3 and then the screen goes black again. I have a fully recharged battery but I have tried starting it up with the charger in as well.

I tried reading around and found that it might work if I try to start the phone in reboot mode, but my phone won't let me do that because as soon as I put the battery in, it just starts up in normal mode but again crashes at the Galaxy welcome screen.

when I start it with the charger in it, it just shows me a loading screen of the battery and then dies.

I also read that I should take out the battery for a while, then put it in and charge it without starting it, no matter how much battery it says I have... but my problem is that as soon as the battery is put in my phone, it starts itself up so I can't -not start the phone and wait for the battery to charge-.

I hope I've been clear about my situation, if you have any further questions or any help to provide I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

EDiT: I was able to enter recovery mode and I even tried resetting the phone to factory settings but it still refuses to go past the welcome screen

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was gonna suggest a factory reset, but you did that.

The next thing is search out how to restore to stock. It should be in the s3 forum. If that doesnt work, I don't know...

you wiped the phone already so you do not have to worry about data loss..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
sessny,
What model/carrier?
I assume that the update was to 4.3; do you happen to know for sure what firmware your phone had BEFORE this latest update?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci