Dropped phone - colour seeping across screen

gsl2014

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone today WITH a screen case / cover on so the screen did not break. When I first opened it it seemed fine. When I looked at it again half hour later pink started to spread from one corner of the screen and the colour on the remainder of the screen is muted. Now the screen is totally pink and I have blue spreading from the corner. I think by the morning the screen will be covered.

Is the phone finished? Is there anything I can do? I have saved all contacts to the sim and the phone is still fully functional though visibility is diminishing.

Posted via Android Central App

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You can probably get it repaired, but it's probably cheaper to get a new or a used handset to replace it. A bleeding display doesn't stop bleeding with time. It could be stable or get worse, but it won't get better. Changing it would be advisable. So would backing up your data and contact ASAP, so if it dies, at least your data will be backed-up somewhere.

khizard

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem with my mobile, i dropped it on hard floor, after that pink or purple color is spreading from a corner and now full is covered. phone still can be switched on and switched off easily. but the worst thing is i can not use touch screen, screen does not response when i touch the screen or press any key. I don't know i have lost one front panel, Digitilizer or something else. Can you please help me ?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Mike M7

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
If you dropped your phone and there is something not working with your screen,
it is very possible that your screen lost contact with the motherboard.

Every component is connected with the motherboard by a tiny plug.

It is a very easy and FREE repair and even a 12 year old kid could do this.

Check the youtube videos how to open your phone.
Remove the cover and make sure all the plugs are connected by pressing them towards the motherboard.

All the best:)

-------------------------------
If you really want reach your dreams...
box_3d_lite.png

lawlu

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my note 4 this morning too. It slipped out of my hand and went smack, face down, on wooden floorboards. The touch sensor on the bottom half of my screen isn't working anymore. Even worse, after I took a long exam this morning and checked it again, there were purple, paint-like splatters all over my screen. I couldn't turn off or restart my phone, so I took the battery out and put it back in, but that didn't help at all. I hope there is a solution too, otherwise I suppose I'm going to have to go to the Samsung store to get my screen replaced...:'(

samari95

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
I dropped my phone today WITH a screen case / cover on so the screen did not break. When I first opened it it seemed fine. When I looked at it again half hour later pink started to spread from one corner of the screen and the colour on the remainder of the screen is muted. Now the screen is totally pink and I have blue spreading from the corner. I think by the morning the screen will be covered.

Is the phone finished? Is there anything I can do? I have saved all contacts to the sim and the phone is still fully functional though visibility is diminishing.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34