My Galaxy S3 won't connect to wi fi

Paddy1138

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting a message saying that my internet connection on my home wi fi is too slow. But all other devices are fine like PS3 and laptop so there's nothing wrong with wi fi so it's definitely my phone. Has anyone ever had a problem like this and what can be done to resolve it?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You haven't mentioned anything you've done to try and solve this issue, but I would try a couple of things;

Delete your WiFi connection on your device and set it up again. There may just be something flaky with the setup.

Download an internet speed test and see what your up and down speeds are. You can get PC versions of these apps also so you could compare your laptop to your device and see if there really is a difference.

You could reset your WiFi router. Again there could be something flaky with the connection but on the side of the router. Resetting it will refresh your WiFi connections and possibly solve this issue.

If none of these work or you've tried them post back and we can go from there. Include your router brand also because there may be connection issues with that brand. If so someone has probably figured out a work around or solution.

ElyasShamaal

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It did not work for me, my galaxy s3 does not even detect wifi while other devices like Nokia and Iphone can detect it and connect to it. Please help me plz.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
It did not work for me, my galaxy s3 does not even detect wifi while other devices like Nokia and Iphone can detect it and connect to it. Please help me plz.

what OS is your s3 running on? if it is 4.3 i had this problem i had to go into recovery and wipe the cache and factory reset my phone 2 times before it began working again :/ try this hope it helps if you need anything just say :)

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Does your router have WPS? If so, open the wi-fi settings on your phone, tap the menu button (the one to the left of your home button), and select WPS Push Button. You'll get a prompt to then push the WPS button on your router. Push it. Within a half-minute out so, they should pair and they'll remember each other.

Melissa De Musso

May 19, 2014
Visit site
My wifi won't connect on my S3 mobile but fine with other devices. Was working fine 2 days ago! I have already reset my phone and switched it on and off again and still no luck. It is telling me it's connected but it's not! Help!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
It is telling me it's connected but it's not
Have you tried rebooting the router? If you don't know how, simply unplug the power for a couple of minutes and then plug it back in and wait a few minutes for the router to finish its boot cycle.

You could also try 'forgetting' the network and adding it back.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Leslie Hopkins

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
this happened to me as well shortly after updating my phone and it sent me a message saying that I needed to enter ##72786# to complete the updates....my phone wouldn't access wifi at all until I did this and afterwards, it worked! Was so frustrating, but worked and no problem since... so I thought it worth posting this....Good luck!

Rebecca Wall1

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. Did you get yours working? I cannot find a solution, have tried 30 things. sigh
Hey guys... try going into your router settings under wireless & change your channel... I changed mine from auto to 11 which changed my extension channel to 7 & my phone connected right away :) good luck...

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
You haven't mentioned anything you've done to try and solve this issue, but I would try a couple of things;

Delete your WiFi connection on your device and set it up again. There may just be something flaky with the setup.

Download an internet speed test and see what your up and down speeds are. You can get PC versions of these apps also so you could compare your laptop to your device and see if there really is a difference.

You could reset your WiFi router. Again there could be something flaky with the connection but on the side of the router. Resetting it will refresh your WiFi connections and possibly solve this issue.

If none of these work or you've tried them post back and we can go from there. Include your router brand also because there may be connection issues with that brand. If so someone has probably figured out a work around or solution.
Actually,I have tried delete WiFi connection and set it up again for several times.Nothing changed.

Rebecca Elliot

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 mini said yesterday morning when I tried to go on my Instagram it said connect to the wifi. So, I slid my page down and I held my my finger on wifi.mwhen it came up it said turning on... . Its been like that since yesterday, I've done everything ven reset my phone remebering to erite down all my contacts. What can I do ?
Please help me as I am on holiday in German with my Grandparents

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
held my my finger on wifi.mwhen it came up it said turning on... . Its been like that since yesterday, I've done everything ven reset my phone
Do you mean that you did a Factory Reset on the phone (Settings -> Accounts [if using the Tab view] -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset)?

Have you tried turning the phone off completely, taking the battery out for a few minutes and then reinserting it and booting the phone up?

Did the phone receive any updates around the time this problem started? What about app updates?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GBPL

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same problem and not finding any solutions thus far... can anyone help with this? Do I have to do a factory reset?

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
What have you done so far? I don't mean "everything in this thread", but list the steps you've taken.

AC App on SGS3

GBPL

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey AxlMyk... I've done everything I could think of before calling Verizon, and the guy I talked to said that I tried everything that they would of directed me to do..and a factory reset was the only resort. Yes it worked, but I was really not wanting to do that. Now I'm in the process of setting things all back the way I had it. It will take awhile thats for sure!
I've tried everyones suggestions on this site, to no avail. Hopefully it will never happen again! :confused:

loverain

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Sorry AxlMyk...but I did the same thing. Kept happening. Verizon sent me a new phone, had to set it up. Worked great for over a year and now same thing is happening!

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Can some one please help me? My galaxy 3 wont connect to my home wi fi.
there is now a white dimond with a ? in the middle of my ssid.
other devices connect to the wifi and the phone conects to other wifi's.
I have tryed forgeting the ssid and the phone wont forget it. I have tryed rebooting the phone no luck. I have checked flight mode and cleared the cache,reset the router and wifi, contacted samsung support and my net work provider no luck.
one day the phone worked and the ssid was normal the next day the ssid had a white dimond with a ? inserted in the gap between the 2 words that are my ssid. when I try to turn on wi fi the phone just keeps serching indefinatly. if I use the forget option the ssid does not dissapeir for my list of wifi.
my home net net work was hacked and I had to fix all assioiated problems with that event but for some the phone has this lingering problem.
has any one herd of this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2