Galaxy SIII FULL EXTERIOR MAKEOVER Possible Or No?

Libby4ever21

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a marble white galaxy SIII that's pretty beat up. The outer glass is cracked, the back cover is scratched and peeling, and the outer metal frame is scratched and dented. I want my phone to look like new, but now I want it to be pebble blue. I bought the blue screen, power/volume buttons, home button, and a flip cover (that includes the back cover), and LOCA glue to mimic the factory adhesive. Now I'm waiting on the blue bezel and black headphone jack. I made sure all of the parts were made for the i747 model.

The thing is, I got everything on impulse and I don't know for sure if I have everything necessary to complete the project. I will have to remove the broken lens AND the inner display screen (I've successfully removed the display/touch screen from my friend's scrap GSIII). But then what? Will I be able to simply place my new home button on the bezel, glue the inner screen to the bezel frame, place the outer glass on top, put in the volume/power buttons, place the motherboard in its place, screw it down, then snap the back on? Is it that simple? Or would I missing something crucial to the proper function of the phone?

Nevermind me possibly breaking something in the process, I just want to know if I have all of the necessary parts to do the job.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a marble white Galaxy S3 that's pretty beat up. The outer glass is cracked, the back cover is scratched and peeling, and the outer metal frame is scratched and dented. I want my phone to look like new, but now I want it to be pebble blue. I bought the blue screen, power/volume buttons, home button, and a flip cover (that includes the back cover), and LOCA glue to mimic the factory adhesive. Now I'm waiting on the blue bezel and black headphone jack. I made sure all of the parts were made for the i747 model.

The thing is, I got everything on impulse and I don't know for sure if I have everything necessary to complete the project. I will have to remove the broken lens AND the inner display screen (I've successfully removed the display/touch screen from my friend's scrap GSIII). But then what? Will I be able to simply place my new home button on the bezel, glue the inner screen to the bezel frame, place the outer glass on top, put in the volume/power buttons, place the motherboard in its place, screw it down, then snap the back on? Is it that simple? Or would I missing something crucial to the proper function of the phone?

Nevermind me possibly breaking something in the process, I just want to know if I have all of the necessary parts to do the job.

Posted via Android Central App

Watch this a couple times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_70-W9JjVjg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude