one of my quad core processors is not working

simon2008

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys new to the site but i have been monitoring it for a while now its very cool !!!
I have a samsung s3 that has just had the glass changed
it keeps freezing every now and again particularly when i am using fb messenger and whatsapp
to get it working again i have to hit the on off button got to the lock page and open again !!!
This evening i decided to see if i can see why its blocking as i do not beleive its the touchscreen blocking as all the tests i have done it has passed
i have downloaded CPU Z and when i checkthe SOC it shows me the cores and one of them is permantly stopped could this be whats blocking my phone if so how do i get it working again

thanks for any responces
:D

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i have downloaded CPU Z and when i check the SOC it shows me the cores and one of them is permantly stopped
Have you tried a different app? It's possible that there's a bug in CPU Z; or it may be that particular core is just sleeping because the workload is under some threshold.

Of course, it's also possible that one of the cores is hosed - there's not anything I can think of to 'unstick' it - if it's dead, it's dead.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz