Samsung Galaxy S3 stuck on logo screen

Rachel Fairbrother

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
My phone decided to reboot itself yesterday and is now stuck on the logo screen!
When I press the volume button down, along with the home and power buttons it takes me to a screen that gives me 2 options:

1) To press up and do a Custom OS.
2) To press down and restart phone.

When I press option 1 it then goes to a page where a green "Android" is displayed along with the words "downloading...do not turn off target" - it then remains on this screen for as long as you leave it, doing nothing!

When I press option 2 the screen goes black and then reverts to being stuck on the Samsung logo screen!

Please help. Thanks Rachel

Attachments

• DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone decided to reboot itself yesterday and is now stuck on the logo screen!
When I press the volume button down, along with the home and power buttons it takes me to a screen that gives me 2 options:

1) To press up and do a Custom OS.
2) To press down and restart phone.

When I press option 1 it then goes to a page where a green "Android" is displayed along with the words "downloading...do not turn off target" - it then remains on this screen for as long as you leave it, doing nothing!

When I press option 2 the screen goes black and then reverts to being stuck on the Samsung logo screen!

Please help. Thanks Rachel

Welcome to the forums.
I would suggest to pull the battery for a few minutes, and reboot into recovery, and clear the cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
If that doesn't work, do the same process of rebooting, and do a factory reset.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If that doesn't work, do the same process of rebooting, and do a factory reset.
Rachel, it should be mentioned that if you perform a Factory Reset, you'll lose any content (pictures, videos, music, etc) stored on the phone's internal memory. You'll also have to go through the setup process like you did when you took the phone out of the box.

If you have your information synced with Google then your contacts and calendar will be okay, but everything else (SMS/MMS, call logs, Home screen layout, etc) will be gone.

Not saying that you shouldn't do this - just want you to be aware of the consequences.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Rachel, it should be mentioned that if you perform a Factory Reset, you'll lose any content (pictures, videos, music, etc) stored on the phone's internal memory. You'll also have to go through the setup process like you did when you took the phone out of the box.

If you have your information synced with Google then your contacts and calendar will be okay, but everything else (SMS/MMS, call logs, Home screen layout, etc) will be gone.

Not saying that you shouldn't do this - just want you to be aware of the consequences.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

I keep forgetting about that part. Very sound advice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac