LCD Screen Cracked and not functional, any way to retrieve data?

JDiTo

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Long story short someone knocked my phone out of my hand and ended up shattering the screen under the glass, therefore killing all touch receptiveness and the screen itself...I'm just looking to see if there's a way I can at least access the folders in my phone but with pretty much every method you need to have it unlocked to your home screen to proceed (I have it secured with a pattern lock).

Samsung's "remote controls" aren't enabled on my device therefore making me unable to use the remote unlock and I don't have another GS3 to temporarily switch the motherboard into. i'm fairly certain I have USB debugging enabled, so maybe there's a way I can use that to my advantage?

if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
you can't just connect it via USB and drag and drop the files over? (without kies)

Don't recall the lock disabling that ability but a barely ever have a password on my device so I'm not sure.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
This will allow you to connect a mouse and keyboard for input, and to connect via HDMI to an appropriate TV/monitor for output, and you should be able to unlock the screen and then make a backup.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs