My Galaxy S3 doesn't boot past the Samsung logo

Mira1234

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey i'm new to this but i'm hoping you guys would help me because i'm desperate for help.

So my phone was working normally until it asked me to do a software update, and i remember reading that once you update it to the new version you can't go back to the old one.. anyways i pressed the install option and it did the update and everything but then after it rebooted it froze on the samsung logo screen and it's been like that ever since..

i've read many reviews here, and i did the cache wipe and everything but it's still not opening! I really want to try to make it work without having to format the whole phone :/

are there any solutions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Try pulling the battery for several minutes.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
it did the update and everything but then after it rebooted it froze on the samsung logo screen and it's been like that ever since.
Unfortunately your circumstance is all too common.
I did the cache wipe and everything but it's still not opening! I really want to try to make it work without having to format the whole phone
Based on lots of other comments a Factory Reset probably wouldn't solve your issue anyway.

Please list the model number/carrier/region (if an International user).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol