Gallery S3: won't leave safe mode

amcap

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My S3 booted into safe mode after shutting itself off, and the regular reboot to get out of it doesn't work. Also tried removing the battery for 1 minute and it still booted safe mode. Any other way to get out of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: s3 won't leave safe mode

My S3 booted into safe mode after shutting itself off, and the regular reboot to get out of it doesn't work. Also tried removing the battery for 1 minute and it still booted safe mode. Any other way to get out of it?

Welcome to Android Central :)
1) Turn off the phone.
2) Pull out the battery for around 10 seconds
3) Put it back in, but when you turn it on, make sure you're not touching the menu button. That's what causes it to boot into safe mode

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Any other way to get out of it?
If it keeps booting into Safe mode perhaps there's an app that you installed that's causing some bad behavior (which is what Safe mode is designed to prevent). You could try uninstalling the most recent apps to see if that corrects the problem.

Otherwise, it sounds like a Factory Reset is in order.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Eniola Lommo

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello am suck!!!someone should help me my phone is in save mode all this while,have try all posible best still on save mode what can I do to remove it,have wipe severally someone should reply me back please

wohlvic

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 won't leave safe mode and I've done the turning off and taking the battery out and even a factory reset and it still won't turn off the safemode