Samsung Galaxy S3 error message, now won't start up

melissa_fix

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello

For a week or so my Galaxy S3 had an error message that read something like "UID's inconsistent" with a sole button to get rid of it that read "I'm feeling lucky". Annoyingly I didn't back-up and now my phone won't start up. It goes to the initial 'Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-19300' screen but it stays there and nothing happens.

I've tried rebooting it by taking otu the battery, I've also tried pressing down the home key, up volume button and on/off button simultaneaously but nothing happens. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Melissa

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Is your device rooted?

If you Google "UID's inconsistent," you'll find quite a few posts. Fixing permissions seems to be a fix, but I think that requires root. And it requires the phone be able to boot. When you say "pressing down the home, volume UP and power buttons," are you pressing and holding all three buttons? You need to hold them until you see the Samsung logo, then release all three buttons. The phone also needs to be completely powered down first. Pull and then reinsert the battery to be sure.

If that doesn't work, can you get into download mode? Press and hold home, volume DOWN and power until you see a warning screen, then press volume UP.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
error message that read something like "UID's inconsistent" with a sole button to get rid of it that read "I'm feeling lucky"
That sounds very much like adware/spam.

Note that the button sequence for Recovery mode (and Download mode) is somewhat timing dependent - the easiest way to do it is to start with the phone completely off. Then press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously and release them all when you see the Recovery mode screen.

It's often the case that if the phone is borked, it won't boot into Recovery mode - in that case you'll have to see if it'll boot into Download mode. That key sequence is just like Recovery mode - you just use Volume Down rather than Volume Up.

What carrier/region?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000