Galaxy S3 not being allowed to update past 4.1.2

lovenokia

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s3 that makes this code, "processing failed" with auto date and time and without auto date and time. It seems to fail to process the update, are there any fixes, or can I update manually via kies over a computer?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to use Kies to install the update, if Kies sees the update (it took Kies quite awhile to recognize that my Verizon SCH-I535 had an update available).

Or you could find the update here (select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left) and install it using a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07).

If you need further instructions let us know.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

lovenokia

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Another question is s-cal is in Chinese and I have Ben unable to change it. The language is in English chosen in settings but s-cal is displaying Chinese.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd ignore that problem for now - you're going to nuke the firmware anyway, and once you do the calendar app should be in the correct language.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk