Galaxy S3 boot/loading issue

MEENone

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Recently dropped my phone, not from a great height (12" or so). When I picked it up, I was still able to drop the menu down to view a text, and as soon as I selected the message the screen went black. I removed the battery, since I could not use the power button. When the battery was placed back it loads the Samsung & GS3 screens then cut out to black. I have tried both downloading and reset options. I can get to the point where it has the reset blue text at the top left of the screen then cuts out again, same with downloading. I get to the downloading options screen, then black. I have left the battery out for hours and over night, nothing. Left it on charge and shows no charge screen. Battery was around 80% when it was dropped. I have read through numerous threads with about the same info in all of them. I may be SOL, but maybe someone has the one thing I have yet to try.

Thanks in advance!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When the battery was placed back it loads the Samsung & GS3 screens then cut out to black.
Are you saying that as soon as the battery is inserted the phone powers on by itself?

Edit: welcome to the forums!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah! Now we're getting somewhere.

The Power button may not feel like it's stuck, but it's possible that the actual Power switch on the mainboard (which the plastic piece that we press on pushes) is stuck in the depressed state. That seems to be pretty common lately.

You may want to take the phone apart to get at the switch and see if you can unstick it (using compressed air; contact cleaner; etc - with the battery out, of course) or pay to have it replaced.

The phone should not be turning itself on when the battery is inserted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

MEENone

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I took it apart and the power button is able to push and releases back out. It makes a click noise when pushed. Still does the same when the battery is placed back, slight vibrate and powers to the samsung and gs3 screen back to black.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I took it apart and the power button is able to push and releases back out. It makes a click noise when pushed.
(GSDer looks puzzled) :confused:
Well, it SOUNDS like the Power switch is working correctly, but that's the only thing that should cause the phone to power on (other than a JIG). If you have the capability to test the switch (your basic multimeter would do) or just get it replaced, that would be all I could recommend. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc