Galaxy S3 dead, contacts didn't sync properly to Gmail...

inespere

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
My S3 died suddenly; it wouldn't charge properly, then stopped charging completely and now won't turn on again. I've tried recovery and download modes to no avail (it turns off completely after showing the Samsung welcome screen.)

I've gotten a new phone and thought that my contacts were synced to my gmail account, but it turns out it wasn't working properly. I remember pressing my specific email account when I created new contacts, so I'm not sure why it didn't work... but I have lost a fair number of contacts. Any chance of getting them back? Is it possible that they are saved somewhere that I can access?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: S3 dead, contacts didn't sync properly to gmail...

I find this situation strange. It is typical for google to back up everything from whatever device is used. Have you tried looking for your contacts on your computer?

inespere

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: S3 dead, contacts didn't sync properly to gmail...

Google sync wasn't working properly. I had checked my google contacts on my desktop but they weren't there.

Funny story with the phone, though (not too funny for me I guess):

I had tried a million different things trying to revive the phone, and nothing was working at all - it just wouldn't load past the initial Samsung screen. I went out and bought a new phone. Still, I was determined to find out why it had died in the first place.

Then I thought about it... The weird thing was, when I'd take out the battery and put it in again, it would automatically load the Samsung screen - but usually the phone wouldn't do that, since just putting the battery in wouldn't turn it on. Found a forum where people recommended smacking the phone against a table to get rid of a stuck power button. It worked.

Annnnd I just signed a contract for my new phone. Life is cruel.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem.
Which 'same' problem?
- died suddenly
- wouldn't charge well
- wouldn't charge at all
- Google sync didn't work
Perhaps if YOU just explained your problem, when it started, what you've already tried, etc., someone could try to assist you.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci