Galaxy S3: Battery draining while charging **

xtopic1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello, this is my first time creating a post, I know that this is a reliable website to be in therefore I will state what is wrong.

Lately, my Samsung galaxy S3 has been dying very quickly. Also, while my phone is charging, the battery is still draining. I tried turning it off and I gave it half an hour, turned it on and it went up to 35%. It is currently still charging and its on 31%. Anyone have an idea on what the issue could be?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

XXxScopexXX

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I never encountered this problem on my S3 but I will try to help you. Here are some suggestions... How long do you own your S3?

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably the battery going bad. They do that.
I'm very happy with a RAVpower 2250mah battery i have.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried turning it off and I gave it half an hour, turned it on and it went up to 35%
Welcome to the forums!

This sounds about right - with the phone completely off it should take no more than two hours to fully charge.

Have you tried booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and charging it to see if the same drain occurs?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

xtopic1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hehe. I figured out the problem.
The charger is broken. It's upsetting, though. My charger constantly breaks. Like I have it plugged in and it doesn't even say it's charging. I don't know how many times do I have to buy a new charger!

Sajidkhan111

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
i got S4 and facing the same problem, battery drainage during charging... when i use USB CHARGING cable for charging it drains out the battery power? why is it so??

John Anderson6

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I also have a galaxy 3. I just bought a new battery a few days ago due to mine swelling up. Even with the new battery my phone wont hold a charge for to long. Its mostly on the USB charge because the plug sucks and wont charge it. Even while its slowly charging I cant use it which is VERY disappointing. I've even tried a few of those battery saving apps but I dont see a difference. :-\

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Its mostly on the USB charge because the plug sucks and wont charge it.
If you're having problems with the micro-USB port perhaps you should consider a wireless charging solution?

Or you could look at cleaning the micro-USB port. And maybe a few of the pins are mis-aligned - you can find a YouTube video on how to straighten them out. (Both of the previous steps should be done after you remove the battery.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Emmanuel Bracero

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!If you're having problems with the micro-USB port perhaps you should consider a wireless charging solution?

Or you could look at cleaning the micro-USB port. And maybe a few of the pins are mis-aligned - you can find a YouTube video on how to straighten them out. (Both of the previous steps should be done after you remove the battery.)

Okay, I have no clue why galaxies suck at battery power. This all has been happening to me too. I plug in my phone and it drains while charging. I power it off and turn it back on to see it only charged from 30%- 40%. How can Samsung fix this issue

spersad

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
recently my Galaxy s3 mini is not charging at all - the battery is actually draining while plugged in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it not recognizing my usb plug either !!!!!!!! my husband has the dame phone so we exchanged battery to see if it was the battery but it is not !!!!!!!!!!!!! can this be fixed or do i need a new phone .

spersad

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
i am having the same problem - it is not the battery or the cable it is the actual port the charger or usb has to be plugged into - i know this becasue my husband has the same phone and we been exchange batteries to use and charge .................. how can i have this fix

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 and while plugged in if I use the phone for anything it drains. Is that normal I would think as long as it plugged in should be ok but I have tried 2 batteries and several cords and it does and did it with them all. Why is this? Thanks☺

androider15

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I have similar problem.
I have 3 (three) Samsung Galaxy phones at home bought at different points in time, but all has the same Android code level (4.3). All of them started to have battery charging problems at the same time, let's say that all of them started about three weeks ago. I changed batteries, cables, chargers, but many times S3 'decides' not to charge and them are continuously draining battery while charging.
It is very strange that all of them started to cause charging problems approximately at the same time. I've read articles about Samsung planned obsolescence, but it is difficult for me to accept this statement.
Any idea how to fix such battery charging problems?

Ado Haz

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi there i just joimed this thing to tell u im using a samsung galaxy s4 gt i9500 and im facing the same problemo....
anyway here is the fix
for ROOTED PHONE ONLY OK !!! IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONES DATA OR ANY POSSIBLE PERSONAL DAMAGE OK!!! JUST MAKING THING CLEAR :)

now use philipz touch and wipe ur dalvik memory cache what ever ... wipe ur dalvik and ull be fine

RNRATCHET14

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Battery drains even when being charged. I have 2 wall chargers and a car charger. Same thing, even with new batteries. Does anyone know the fix? Is it the phone....this expensive phone is less than 2 years old. Clearly, buying new batteries wasn't the solution.

Patralgan

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi. This morning I had my S4 charging while being shut down and it reached 18% really fast. I unplugged as I went out. When I put it back to charge (the phone being on and I was using it my usual stuff at the same time, I noticed that the battery was draining although it was supposed to be charging. Changing the charger didn't result proper charging, it was still draining. The phone is less than a year old, maybe half a year and this was very sudden as it had charging finely before. Could the battery suddenly go bad like this? I would have thought it would do it gradually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz