Samsung S3 with gear 2

C Porter

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
*I just got a gear 2 neo. I downloaded the gear manager*apk*from another site and it works. However the samsung app store doesn't recognize my phone as compatible with gear apps. I can't get any apps in the samsung app store for the Gear. (I am going to Samsung apps from inside the gear manager app) I thought that the issue was the downloaded apk so I uninstalled that and tried to get the app from the Samsung app, however the gear manager was not listed. I even reset my phone to factory. I'm running stock 4.3. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

mistajakes

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I am having this exact same issue. I have the latest Samsung apps and gear manager can't be found. I was able to download gear manager from another source, I could even pair my gear 2 neo with my gs3. But when I go to apps through gear manager I get an error and it wont let me access any apps for the gear 2 neo. I'm also running stock 4.3. I tried uninstalling all updates for Samsung apps and re-installing and it made no difference. I'm gettting very frustrated that I just dropped 200 dollars on a watch that is essentially useless if I can't download or manage apps for it. Hopefully someone out there has a solution, It would be much apprectiated. Thanks!

C Porter

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Sorry that you are in the same boat. Samsung support offered no help. Hopefully the community has some ideas. I feel that it is not fair that Samsung listed the S3 as compatible with the watch when it clearly is not. I am trying to figure this out before my return window closes for the watch.

mistajakes

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree completely. It is very disappointing. I just spent about an hour with Samsung support, and nothing worked. The rep did state that the two devices are compatible but couldn't provide an answer as to why the gear manager wasn't available for download. In the end he told me to contact voice support but I don't see what they will be able to accomplish that he couldn't. I'm very tempted to return the watch and be done with it.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
*I just got a gear 2 neo. I downloaded the gear manager*apk*from another site and it works. However the samsung app store doesn't recognize my phone as compatible with gear apps. I can't get any apps in the samsung app store for the Gear. (I am going to Samsung apps from inside the gear manager app) I thought that the issue was the downloaded apk so I uninstalled that and tried to get the app from the Samsung app, however the gear manager was not listed. I even reset my phone to factory. I'm running stock 4.3. Any ideas?

Looks exactly like the thread I started in the gear 2 forum. Almost verbatim. Are we the same person?!? LOL.
Check it out to see the hoops they've had me jumping through. No resolution yet.....

C Porter

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Looks exactly like the thread I started in the gear 2 forum. Almost verbatim. Are we the same person?!? LOL.
Check it out to see the hoops they've had me jumping through. No resolution yet.....

That is wierd! I finally got a rep in the US to talk to me and they had no advice..... They said it should be compatible. Anyways hopefully somebody has a solution. It looks like Samsung is not going to respond. I am considering returning the watch soon, as I have until the 18th to do so.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've got it working! Not sure what combination did it, but by backdooring the apk after a factory reset and reflash, I'm able to access apps in Sam App store. Still no GM in app store, but I can see apps through my 3rd site GM apk.

mistajakes

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I was able to do the same thing as you. Looking this morning gear manager finally shows in samsung apps. I guess it just took awhile for samsung to get their act together.