Lock screen issue

Gregorich

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I setup my lock screen recently to see if I liked using it or not. It turns out, not so much. I tried to disable, but I'm unable to. I go Setting > My Device > Screen Lock > enter my password > and from there I should be able to select "none." However, it's there, but unable to be selected. It only says "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
Does anyone know how I can get around this to disable the screen lock? Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like your phone is running some corporate configuration that you can't disable. Is that the case?
Is your phone encrypted?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Gregorich

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
My phone's not encrypted. I did have to setup an email account through work on my phone that's run through Outlook Office 365 and on the 'Mail' icon for my phone. Is it likely that's what causing this? Is there any way to disable that, or would the only way be do uninstall that email setup? Thanks!

Gregorich

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Great! Thanks for your help! I'll give them a shout and see if there's a way. It's probably unlikely since they'd likely say I'd be exposing company information without it, but worth a call. They're not paying for my phone, so it won't break my heart to not have the email on it. Thanks again!