Update: S3 Home Screen Problems - Help!

Catherine5

May 1, 2014
Visit site
1. My home screen now has an overlapping image of today's time/date and bottom row images with one from Nov. 2013! Does anyone know how I can get rid of the November time/date screen?

2. Phone used to open up to home screen with time/date and weather etc. Now it opens up to a screen with time and date only and I have to navigate to the old "home" screen with time/date/weather. etc.

3. Apps are now all over the place (subsequent screens instead of one place). How can I get them back the way they were? Some are the factory installed apps.

Can anyone help with any of this? Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
How can I get them back the way they were?
On any Home screen press the Menu button (the lighted button to the left of the physical Home button) and select 'Edit page' - this will show you a view of all of the Home screens.

The one that has a light blue house in the upper right corner is the default Home screen (the one you see if you press the physical Home button) - just click in the upper right corner of whichever one you want to be the default.

You can also drag the various Home screens around to change the order that you see them in when you swipe right or left from the main Home screen.

Regarding your apps - well, you'll have to manually reorganize them. Long-press any icon and then drag it between screens or to the trash (this doesn't delete the app from your phone; it just removes it from the Home screen) or wherever you want it on a specific Home screen.

If you want to organize several apps together you can put them in a folder. Long-press on an empty area on a Home screen and select 'Folder' - once a folder is created you can drag apps onto the folder and when you select the folder icon (which you can name) you'll see all of those apps.

Regarding your old weather and date information - it sounds like you made a screenshot of an old Home screen as your wallpaper. Long-press on an empty area of any Home screen and select 'Set wallpaper' and change it to one of the defaults.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech