Galaxy s3 gt-i9300 not registered on network problem

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
how can i repair my imei..or write new one
You should ask that question over on XDA - there are tools that allow you to backup and restore the IMEI so I'm sure there's some way to edit it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Saqib Rana

May 10, 2014
Visit site
finally I got my phone fixed...

you can't repair IMEI by yourself that's illegal. take your phone to your technician
dear , now how can i make backup of efs or something like this stuff to avoid like this problem and 2nd thing suggest me kitkat roms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Saqib, I am on I9300XXUGNB6_I9300OJVGNB3_PAK
and only this method by Zaroon worked for me. ([How TO] Solve Not Registered on network Galaxy S3 I9300 issue and restore IMEI | Androidveterans)
FIXES:

The Device will connect to the network right away after applying the fix.
IMEI number will be restored.
Files Required:

XXUGMK6 Modem.zip (Click here)
XXUGMK6 Kernel.zip (Click here)
Download and copy the files in Phone’s internal storage. The files must be in .zip format.

Pr-requisites:

As usual, creating backup is the first priority:
Create backup of apps, music and other stuff.
Create backup of your text messages and contacts.
Enable USB debugging in Settings under the Developer Options.
Your device should be rooted and should have ClockworkMod (CWM) installed in it. (Click here, ignore the title. works with all Android versions.)
And lastly, check your battery, it should be almost 70% charged.
Steps to solve “not registered on network” issue on Galaxy S3 I9300:

Turn the device off and reboot in recovery mode. Press and hold volume up+power+menu button until device enters in recovery mode.
When in recovery mode, go straight to “install zip from sdcard” and select” chose zip from sdcard. Select XXUGMK6 Kernel.zip and confirm the installation. wait until installation completes.
Similarly, again go to ” select zip from sdcard” and chose XXUGMK6 Modem.zip already copied in internal storage and proceed with “Yes” to install it.
After both above patches have been installed, reboot the device in normal mode. As soon as device reboots, it will get registered to network and IMEI number will be restored. You are now good to go for making calls and sending text messages.

Akash Kothari

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hie m akash from India. I was using 4.3 version on my S3 but it had battery drain problem so i downgraded it to 4.1.2 using odin since then its showing not registered on network problem. i tried to upgrade it again with the help of odin but the problem still lies. please help me. thank you

Will Kies detect my phone when theres no battery in it?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums!
Will Kies detect my phone when theres no battery in it?
That depends - if you have the phone turned on and connected to your computer and THEN remove the battery, yes, Kies will still see the phone. But if the phone is turned off and you remove the battery and then attempt to turn it on, that won't work (and of course Kies won't see the phone if it's not turned on).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

dankell

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this Fix . I have searched the net for a solution for this terrible bug and your method fixed my problem.
I really cant thank you enough and I just had to register to give my thanks.
You Sir are a true GENIUS!!! and you have made my son a very happy young man again.
Fantastic work my friend and again...A BIG THANK YOU SIR!!!

Best Regards.

Marcelup

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I am from Brazil and I am facing a similar problem to Saqib Ali.
I bought a second hand Galaxy SIII and after some weeks it cannot access TIM operator anymore.
Checking different internet sites I learned that:
1. The Android version was updated to 4.3
2. The IMEI in the back of the phone is not the same as the one presented when I call *#06#
3. The phone was rooted
I don't use to change the genuine characteristics of any of my devices. I am very conservative and what I would like to do is to bring my mobile back to its original condition and fully working.
I could proceed how you guided Saqib Ali to do but I realized that I will need your help to finish the whole procedure.
Best regards,
Marcelup

Anil Kumar85

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi frnd,
my mobile is showing problem with the network search. Earlier the message pop off was,.. Reset by IPC TIME PUT. plz get RIL...
After that i have done the software update from Samsung store. then also the problem still. "mobile network not available." plz help..

adnan malik1

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
guys i am facing the same problem but my imei no is same my searial no in settings is ooooooooooo ican;t call or sms :( can you help me and your method work for serial no recover or not