My phone wont turn on

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,Today evening i got a normal pop up on my Samsung phone for software update I choose the option to update and then i had a message on the screen that your phone will Re-boot it did install the software last i saw was 42% after reboot it only shows Samsung written on the phone, i tried to remove the battery restart my phone but still it shows me the same. Can you please help me to on my phone. Waiting for your earliest reply.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,Today evening i got a normal pop up on my Samsung phone for software update I choose the option to update and then i had a message on the screen that your phone will Re-boot it did install the software last i saw was 42% after reboot it only shows Samsung written on the phone, i tried to remove the battery restart my phone but still it shows me the same. Can you please help me to on my phone. Waiting for your earliest reply.

go to recovery clear cache
then turn on your phone and wait for the update to complete
wait for 5-10 minutes for update to compete . if your are still stuck
clear cache and data form recovery
clearing data will remove apps and games from your phone

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Where do i go to recovery clear cache ?

power off the device
press Volume Up + Home + Power ON buttons at the same time and hold them pressed
most of Glaxy devices boots twice to enter recovery mode, so just hold keys pressed and wait
release buttons when CWM announce itself
use Volume Up/Down and Home button to pick menu entries

Ready to help you

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Power off the device... that means i shall remove the battery and insert again then follow the steps.
Because now all i can see is samsung on my phone and when i power off.. it starts again with Samsung display on the phone in seconds.

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok i have done that it gives me a option of
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
Apply update from external storage
wide data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

Can you tell me which option i should choose. I do not want to loose my data.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok i have done that it gives me a option of
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
Apply update from external storage
wide data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

Can you tell me which option i should choose. I do not want to loose my data.

wipe cache partition
turn on your phone again
if the update is not show up or stuck then you need to wipe data/factory rest
wiping data will remove all the apps and games

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I choose wipe data/ factory reset and it shows No no no no and one yes - delete all user data. Should i choose yes ?

have you checked the update, wipe cache and restart. check whether the update is still going or not . if the update is still stuck then you need to go to recovery and clear data
if you press yes all your data will be lost and your phone will up

May 11, 2014
Visit site
When i choose wipe cache partition - it said Wiping cache... fomatting / cache... cache wipe complete. And thats it.
Then I choose wipe data/ factory reset and it shows No no no no and one yes - delete all user data. Should i choose yes ?

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
When i choose wipe cache partition - it said Wiping cache... fomatting / cache... cache wipe complete. And thats it.
Then I choose wipe data/ factory reset and it shows No no no no and one yes - delete all user data. Should i choose yes ?

pressing yes will delete all the data in your phone that you have download from play store, not the stock apps
your phone will boot up with stock apps

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I Selected no.
When i choose wipe cache partition - it said Wiping cache... fomatting / cache... cache wipe complete. And thats it. What do i do next ?

Restart your phone
Is your phone booting up? Check that first
If not then you needed to wipe data and press yes.
It will delete the downloaded apps only

Ready to help you

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I restart my phone again. But nothing i can still see Samsung on my display. What do i do next ? Which option do i choose ?
So you need to wipe data / factory reset from recovery, then restart
If you are still stuck then reflash with odin
Download the latest firmware from sammobile and flash it

Ready to help you

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I did select wipe/data factory reset and then selected yes. Again Restarted the phone, but still the same i can see the SAMSUNG on my display. But this time i could hear the Samsung Welcome tone as before i dint hear it. Now what do i do next ? ):

Regards,

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I did select wipe/data factory reset and then selected yes. Again Restarted the phone, but still the same i can see the SAMSUNG on my display. But this time i could hear the Samsung Welcome tone as before i dint hear it. Now what do i do next ? ):

Regards,

how long did you waited at the samsung logo.usually it will took 1 to 2 minutes to boot up after cleaning data for the first time