Help changing titles on downloaded movies ....HOW?!?!

jam24u

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
:-\
I have been downloading movies from movie streaming websites like VEEHD. They allow downloading of movies, but they are designated by a seven digit number, so when the movie is retained in the "Video" app.... they are labeled by number instead of the movie's name... which makes it hard to identify the film.

If there is a way to change these movies names and keep them in that original video app ( the one with the purple background icon with a white diamond outline within it and with "video" written below the icon... would be very helpful. I really like this app because it allows auto playing of the videos one after the other. I usually sleep to the various videos, and is why I wish to work within that app.

If I do need to download some file management application, I would appreciate a recommendation.

In addition... if you have already guessed... I am a complete novice in tech talk... I see words like 'Rom' and have no idea what that is.

Thank you for your advice and recommendations.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If I'm reading you right you're talking about the stock Video app. On my phone all of the videos shown in that app use the actual filename of the video file, so all you need to do is use the File Manager of your choice (My Files would work fine) and rename the files to whatever you please.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke