S3 suddenly downloading kids games/apps withut permisson?? WT?

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so in the past few weeks, my phone suddenly starts downloaded apps and games that I didn't request...I assume I've clicked something to give permission for this??/ but how do I turn it of?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you installed an app that's causing this. Time for Spring Cleaning on your phone - uninstall any apps that were installed around the time this problem started, or look at the permissions using something like Permission Explorer: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ti.android.permission_explorer&token=vfg1qGpy to see what apps might be responsible.

Or make a backup using the Kies software and then perform a Factory Reset and be careful about what you reinstall.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings
Application Manager
Clear cache and data for the programs you want to remove
Uninstall those programs

AC App on SGS3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I added the permission thing, and now I Am completely overwhelmed!!
Unfortunately it takes some work to look at the various permissions and see which apps are using what. IIRC the app gave a description of the permissions so that you could get an idea of what they were supposed to be used for; pretty much anything requiring network permissions should be on your short list.

As the previous poster mentioned, that's the best way to uninstall apps - that way you know you're removing everything.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk