Dialer problems

joeyv8082

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I would try rebooting into recovery and clearing the system cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
tried wiping the cache partition didn't work.

OK. The only other thing I can suggest is a reset. Back everything up, and then in settings>back up and reset, click on factory restore.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

joeyv8082

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
***update***
thanks for the replies to my question. As it turns out after trying everything under the sun, i went to the sprint store with my tail between my legs to find out if i could get a loaner phone while i send mine to samsung for repair....turns out it's a spring network issue in the cleveland market and not a phone issue at all....
so ill fasten my seatbelt and sit back and enjoy the ride...
thanks again

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon S3 does that sometimes also. At times I can't make calls or use data, its very annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ggalmin

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Would anyone have any insight to as why when i use the handy search feature in the dialer to find a local restaurants number, that when i go to hit talk, it pre-pends a a stupid + in front of every number i try to dial that way (and a fast busy). I am in the states on a Nexus 5 with Sprint. I have to either edit the number before a re-dial attempt or just wright it down on paper... kinda defeating its handy intention

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
when i use the handy search feature in the dialer to find a local restaurants number
I must be totally clueless - I don't see ANY search feature in the Dialer
zu6uryge.jpg
Are you talking about the Contacts Tab? Can you post a screenshot of what you're referring to?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan