SG3 won't turn on after factory reboot

mtlmuriel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Before I freak out and return my phone I am hoping someone can help. I've had my Samsung Galaxy 3 for 8 months and it's been working without a problem. The last couple of days the battery has been draining rapidly and not recharging fast at all. After restarting a few times, there was no change so I backed everything up and did a factory reboot.

Now the phone doesn't turn on at all. I have taken out the battery, waited, put it back and plugged it iin. There is nothing on the screen and it doesn't start when I press the power button.

Can anyone help? I will leave it to charge until the shops open tomorrow... but I would prefer to save it rather then service it! :'(

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Before I freak out and return my phone I am hoping someone can help. I've had my Samsung Galaxy 3 for 8 months and it's been working without a problem. The last couple of days the battery has been draining rapidly and not recharging fast at all. After restarting a few times, there was no change so I backed everything up and did a factory reboot.

Now the phone doesn't turn on at all. I have taken out the battery, waited, put it back and plugged it iin. There is nothing on the screen and it doesn't start when I press the power button.

Can anyone help? I will leave it to charge until the shops open tomorrow... but I would prefer to save it rather then service it! :'(

This is the S5 forum - but while you're here... When you say a factory reboot what exactly do you mean? Did you go to settings, backup and restore and do a factory data restore?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah, my bad, I'll repost unless you can help. Yes, it was a reboot from from the settings

Have you tried to boot into recovery? Hold volume up, home and power buttons at the same time, you will feel a haptic feedback and when you see the samsung splash screen release the power button to boot into recovery

mtlmuriel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Nothing, that's what's worrying me. It's weird that it happened after a restore. I'll leave it plugged in, and try the boot into recovery again later.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

mtlmuriel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Lol. Might be time for an upgrade, but I am still under warranty... I was looking through that thread but I couldn't find anything about a case like mine. Thanks for helping me though!

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Might be time for an upgrade, but I am still under warranty... I was looking through that thread but I couldn't find anything about a case like mine. Thanks for helping me though!

Try booting into download mode. Hold the volume down, home, and power buttons at the same time. And see if you can get into download mode. If you can then you can flash a stock tar with odin

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463