SG3 won't turn on after a reboot

mtlmuriel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Before I freak out and return my phone I am hoping someone can help. I've had my Samsung Galaxy 3 for 8 months and it's been working without a problem. The last couple of days the battery has been draining rapidly and not recharging fast at all. After restarting a few times, there was no change so I backed everything up and did a factory reboot.

Now the phone doesn't turn on at all. I have taken out the battery, waited, put it back and plugged it in. There is nothing on the screen and it doesn't start when I press the power button. The battery is still flat, it does not appear to be leaking or warped. I am trying to charge it with a second charger, but nothing is changing.

Can anyone help? I will leave it to charge until the shops open tomorrow... but I would prefer to save it rather then service it!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you have access to another battery in order to eliminate that from the equation?

If you take the battery out and connect the charger do you see the LED flash red very briefly?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

mtlmuriel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
No other battery handy. But I did get the red light (stayed on for a few seconds) when I plug in without the battery.

Does that mean the battery is kaput? Should I bother going to the Samsung Service Center, or just order a new battery?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not good. Considering the phone is under warranty you should consider that option. The quickly draining battery, were it caused by some app, should have been cured when you did the factory wipe. Perhaps you can find some friendly retailer nearby to allow you try before you buy another battery.

Good luck.

saurabh486

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
for my phone i had similar problem but not with battery draining out. just wont start

I have posted seperately about this issue as well. I have a spare battery which didnt help in this case

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does that mean the battery is kaput? Should I bother going to the Samsung Service Center, or just order a new battery?
No, that check doesn't mean that the battery is kaput - it's just one more way to check to see if there's any activity on the phone.

If there's a Samsung Service Centre nearby then by all means take it in.
If there wasn't one my suggestion would be to get a new battery (the Rav 2250mAh battery has received some positive feedback in the forums.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer