getting language back to German after update

undsoweiter

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I just had to update my galaxy s3 and it took my language settings away. My phone was in German and now after the update it is not anymore. The app I used to set it to German does no longer work because it is too far updated. The only languages I can set it too are English Spanish and three Asian languages. I can English but I prefer it in German. Must I wait for an updated language switcher app? My update I think is 4.3 so all the language switcher apps no longer work. This new update really messed up my phone. I hope some one can help me out by this. I'd appreciate it!

Thank you,
usw

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Don't you have firmware for one of the German carriers? That should include Deutsche as one of the defaults.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah, understood. This app Language Enabler http://market.android.com/details?id=com.wanam worked fine for me, but one of the requirements for the app is that your phone be rooted. I tried a couple of other apps that didn't have that requirement but they only showed the stock languages (the ones that you mentioned).

If you think you may want to go that route you can check out http://towelroot.com

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used that root method (my phone is already rooted), but it looks like you just click on the lambda symbol, it'll download tr.apk to your phone, then just manually run the apk (from wherever it downloaded).
7epyme4u.jpg
ha8y8ytu.jpg
atezutu7.jpg

Last edited:

undsoweiter

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It says the instalation has failed for the tr root. Is there any other way i can get my phone rooted? Once it is rooted, then i can use the language enabler you used.

Thank you much for your help.

undsoweiter

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I got to step three, i plug my phone into computer, or? I have with usb. But nothing about debugging came up so i thought it was ok but step four confused me, where are such files located? I can't seem to find them. Excuse my many questions, all this is not so clear for me.

And I'm not sure, what firmware means but i have update 4.3for galaxy s3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01