Phone is stuck, can't be started. Need help :(

concuagia

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I can't turn my Samsung galaxy S3 on. The Samsung screen and "Galaxy S3" keep looping. I've tried safe mode, recovery boot, and download mode, but none of them works. Please help !!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

If you remove the battery and reinsert it, does the phone turn itself on (without you pressing the Power button)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Then your real problem is with the actual Power switch on the mainboard or Power button (the plastic piece that we press on). Once you solve that issue your phone should boot normally.

If you recently installed a new phone case, or dropped the phone, it's possible that the Power button just got jammed down onto the Power switch. If nothing like that occurred then you'll have to open up the phone so that you can access the actual Power switch (checkout YouTube for videos or look on a site like iFixit for a teardown).

Sometimes the Power switch gets gunked up, and cleaning it with compressed air and a toothbrush is adequate. It may be that you need to use electronic contact cleaner (be sure to remove the battery) to clean the switch and exercise it (it may be stuck down).

If none of that works then you'll have to replace the Power switch. If you don't want to do that yourself you can look for a local electronics shop or try something like http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-power-button-repair/

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo