HELP-Samsung S3 not charging well

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

i have problem with my S3 device for more than one month
My phone is awful when it comes to this, it charged more than14 hours and it went from 0% (it dies very quickly too) to 54%. It loses battery while it charges if it is switched on. I got a new charger but the same problem still occurs
notice that sometime the phone charging to 100% if i switch it off
I have no idea what to do, someone please help me out.

thanks

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums!

If you turn the phone completely off how long does it take to fully charge? It should only take about two hours.

When the phone is fully charged, does it discharge steadily, or do you see a sudden drop in the battery (for example, one minute it's at 80% battery charge and the next minute it's at 40%)? If that happens then the battery is probably going bad.

If you boot the phone into Safe mode (http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242) does it charge normally? If so, you probably have some 3rd party apps that are causing it to drain the battery abnormally while it's charging.

How old is the phone? Do you still have the original battery? You could try Phone INFO http://market.android.com/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo to see how many charge cycles you have on the phone/battery (assuming that it's the original battery).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
it takes about 3 hrs if it complete 100 % ,then it always discharge steadily
my phone is 1.5 year old and i still have the original battery
charger connect counter now 398 by using laptop USB

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you normally use the USB port on your computer for charging, or do you use a wall charger? If the latter, what is the charger rated at for current output? As long as it's 1A, you should be able to fully charge the phone in about two hours if the phone is completely off. If the phone is on, it really depends on the load (what apps you're running; what your signal qualities are like; etc) - my phone generally takes three hours or so to fully charge when it's on and I'm not using it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech