Help Needed - S3 has turned off & won't turn back on!!

PierreSt

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just want to thank you for taking the time to read this. I went through other threads looking for an answer but I couldn't find one that worked.

Last night, during a factory reset, my phone died, and now it will not turn on. I've tried holding the power button down and the only thing that happens is that my phone will vibrate for a second. When I plug my charger into it, nothing happens. When I put my charger at an angle, it vibrates, and it will vibrate every 5 seconds. I've tried taking the battery out for a few minutes and putting it back in and nothing happens.

Prior to all of this happening, I've had problems charging my phone. I am on my third battery. The one that came with the phone could no longer hold any charge. I was told by a consultant at RadioShack that the second battery which I purchased on Amazon got messed due to the way I was charging my phone. I used to charge it overnight so it wouldn't die while I slept. It can still charge, albeit at a painstakingly slow pace. But it would lose 60% of it's charge in 2 hours. It was too annoying to deal with so I received a third battery from a friend, which was in a pretty good condition. At first it behaved the way a perfectly normal battery should. THEN, it started taking longer and longer to charge, to the point where I had to start charging it over night just to get about 50%-60%. And of course it depleted very quickly. My friend, the one I received the battery from said that when she used the battery, her phone never had that problem.

A second problem I had was that my phone could not establish USB connection with any PC systems, and I was forced to use Web Airdroid, which was very useful in my opinion. This was prior to my phone not being able to turn on.

I have no idea what I should do at this point and I would be extremely grateful if someone had a working solution for me, as well for anyone else who is having this problem. Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just want to thank you for taking the time to read this. I went through other threads looking for an answer but I couldn't find one that worked.

Last night, during a factory reset, my phone died, and now it will not turn on. I've tried holding the power button down and the only thing that happens is that my phone will vibrate for a second. When I plug my charger into it, nothing happens. When I put my charger at an angle, it vibrates, and it will vibrate every 5 seconds. I've tried taking the battery out for a few minutes and putting it back in and nothing happens.

Prior to all of this happening, I've had problems charging my phone. I am on my third battery. The one that came with the phone could no longer hold any charge. I was told by a consultant at RadioShack that the second battery which I purchased on Amazon got messed due to the way I was charging my phone. I used to charge it overnight so it wouldn't die while I slept. It can still charge, albeit at a painstakingly slow pace. But it would lose 60% of it's charge in 2 hours. It was too annoying to deal with so I received a third battery from a friend, which was in a pretty good condition. At first it behaved the way a perfectly normal battery should. THEN, it started taking longer and longer to charge, to the point where I had to start charging it over night just to get about 50%-60%. And of course it depleted very quickly. My friend, the one I received the battery from said that when she used the battery, her phone never had that problem.

A second problem I had was that my phone could not establish USB connection with any PC systems, and I was forced to use Web Airdroid, which was very useful in my opinion. This was prior to my phone not being able to turn on.

I have no idea what I should do at this point and I would be extremely grateful if someone had a working solution for me, as well for anyone else who is having this problem. Thank you.

I would guess it is the charging port. Can you try a different cable/wall charger, or even a car charger?

As for charging overnight, I have an S2 that I have done nothing but that and even though I am on my second battery, it still charges fine.

Edit: I almost forgot....Welcome to the forums.

PierreSt

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
See I was thinking the same thing but when I went to RadioShack for the consultation, they plugged my phone into a diagnostic machine and told me that it WASN'T the port because the phone wouldn't have connected at all. I could go back to see what they'd say now.

And thank you, there's a great community here.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what else to suggest. If the second cable charges the phone, the the consultant is correct.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae