Call is disconnected after few seconds

arwa13

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to make a call or receive a call - after few seconds - people stop hearing me and it gets disconnected. I can't remember the last time I had a phone call that lasted for more than a minute. I sent my phone to be prepared multiple times and they don't seem to know how to solve the problem - or they solve it and the same problem reoccurs.
I really need to know if there is a hope to fix this problem. I used to think the main problem is with the service/reception area, but sometimes I'm in a place with full reception and it keeps disconnecting.
My mobile data works perfectly fine, so I know it's not a SIM problem and making phone calls on other devices using the same SIM seems to work.
If this problem is already discussed on this board please provide me a link, I can't find a solution all over the internet.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did this ever work?

Does the same thing happen if you use the Speakerphone?
What about if you try a set of headphones with a few mic?
Bluetooth headset?

Have you tried booting into Safe mode? http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242

If you record a video and talk or play music in the background, does the audio show up consistently in the playback?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

arwa13

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything. Nothing happened. It keeps disconnecting my calls. I don't think it has to do with the microphone or the speaker, because people on the other end can hear me for the first few seconds, and then they stop and the call is automatically disconnected. I tried a different SIM, I tried with speakerphone and headphones. Nothing is working.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried enabling the setting "power button ends call"? With that on, the call shouldn't end until you press the power button.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried everything.
You tried Safe mode and it didn't make any difference?
And when you tried recording a video the audio was present the whole time?

If you turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile data off does the same thing happen to the phone call?
Have you tried a Factory Reset?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Jafar dahodwala

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Please help me?
In my karbonn k9 viraat, call automatically cuts after few seconds or few minutes. When the call is on the speaker its works perfect, and my mobile data is also running perfectly but when the call is not on speaker it cuts again again.
Please reply if anyone has the solution

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I have been facing similar problem with my phone as well. However, my case is particularly curious for a couple of reasons:

1. This phone was used by my father for at least a year before facing similar issues.
2. I fave been using the this phone and this particular number (which I ported from Bangalore) in Noida. However, when the sim was "roaming" in Kerala for a week this issue was non-existent. The minute I landed in Delhi calls started getting cut 3 seconds in.

Ergo, I am not able to figure out if it is a phone problem or a sim problem or some random setting that is messing with me.

jnraj

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Every time I try to make a call or receive a call - after few seconds - people stop hearing me and it gets disconnected. I can't remember the last time I had a phone call that lasted for more than a minute. I sent my phone to be prepared multiple times and they don't seem to know how to solve the problem - or they solve it and the same problem reoccurs.
I really need to know if there is a hope to fix this problem. I used to think the main problem is with the service/reception area, but sometimes I'm in a place with full reception and it keeps disconnecting.
My mobile data works perfectly fine, so I know it's not a SIM problem and making phone calls on other devices using the same SIM seems to work.
If this problem is already discussed on this board please provide me a link, I can't find a solution all over the internet.

is this resolved / have any solution. I having the same problem in my phone and tried all solutions mentioned in this post.

Samson Kimutai

Jul 27, 2018
Visit site
Every time I call or receive a call my call ends up the calls.i don't where the problem is kindly help me I have rebooted the phone most of the time but the problem is still there

Swapnil Gaikwad1

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site

Hey i m using sumsung c9 pro cell phone and the same problem me too facing.. i dont understand were is the problem.. whether the problme is in the phone or in the network..

Cydn

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
I had a similar problem on my Samsung A30. I have managed to get the call drops stop. Just registered to give a reply to this thread as the solution is not found here.

On the newer versions of Android (8 and up), the "Use LTE Data Network for calls" option is available under Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks. By default it is enabled. After i disabled this, the phone doesn't show the VoLTE symbol on the notification bar but is replaced by an LTE symbol. This has stopped the issue of call drops after 30 seconds (I had call drops after a minute and as soon as the call was being received. One ring on the incoming call and it would disconnect unexpectedly before I picked up the call).

If anyone has other solutions I'm welcome to try. Let me know if it helps :) cheers !

John Power3

Mar 1, 2022
Visit site
hello kind stranger! only joined to say I had a same problem and your solution worked for me. thank you so much for sharing. much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair