Another picture recovery thread for the S3

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry folks but many of the threads on this seem pretty dated and I'm in a bad spot. I somehow lost the camera directory from my external SD card where my pics are stored by default, and can't find my vaca pics.

Is there current software for an unrooted user I should look at? I have all current updates and the phone genrally runs strong.

Searching brings me to a ton of sites that seem to be little more than advertisements. Or it wants to install an app which points to other software but doesn't actually do anything.

Yes, I do have google+ backups enabled but somehow I lost this directory before I could back up the pics via wifi.

Any help appreciated.
--steve

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
No, if I plug my phone into the pc and navigate to the ext SD card, I do not see my photos. I have not tried plugging the card directly into the pc. No adapter yet.

Sent from my Android powered S3 using Tapatalk.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Take the SD out of the phone. DL an SD recovery program to the PC. Use that to try a recovery. Take the card out NOW before you store any more data to it

AC App on SGS3

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Did just that, successfully. Unmounted the SD card, plugged it into my pc and used recuva to recover my deleted pics. Sort of a PITA but I did get what I needed back. Thanks for the help.