Galaxy S3 Failure

davyman

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Been having major problems with my Galaxy S3 for the last few months, initially battery and phone was getting hot, slow response from screen touches, and phone rebooting, would be ok for a few days but then would start again.

Symptoms started worsening and I started to see error messages like:

"UNFORTUNATELY, WSSYNCMLNPS HAS STOPPED. [OK]

"SYSTEM UID'S INCONSISTANT, UID'S ON THE SYSTEM ARE INCONSISTANT YOU NEED TO
WIPE YOUR DATA PARTITION OR YOUR DEVICE WILL BE UNSTABLE.

DIALOG BOX [I'M FEELING LUCKY]"

"BLUETOOTH HAS STOPPED"

"OMACP HAS STOPPED"

"S VOICE HAS STOPPED".

"UNFORTUNATELY THE PROCESS ANDROID.PROCESS.MEDIA HAS STOPPED [OK]."

"UNFORTUNATELY TOUCHWIZ HOME HAS STOPPED [OK]"

Then apps started to get deleted, I would go to check my yahoo mail or whatever and it would be gone. If I tried to re-install I would get the dreaded: "Could not install, error 110"

So off it went to samsung 3 times for repair, each time it was returned in a "factory Reset" state. So after I had customised the phone it would be ok for about 24 hours, then something would get deleted, and basically the whole process above would be repeated. So within 3 days of getting it back it was booked in for a new repair.

I did the usual factory reset but this time it was different, The Android character came on as normal then fell flat on his back with a red "!" above him.

Then scrolling text:

E:Failed to mount system (no such file or directory), can't mount system (no such file or directory).
E:Failed to mount cache (no such file or directory), can't mount cache (no such file or directory).

After selecting reset etc the phone only boots now to the logo screen and just hangs there., even after removing and replacing the battery

The 2 year Samsung warranty expires 30th September 2014.

After calling Samsung the 4th time they said they would repair again but I insisted on escalating as past repairs were useless, they reluctantly agreed to let me speak to customer relations. This resulted in me getting an email saying they wanted to perform a remote management session, I needed to download some recommended software to do that but since the phone does not boot past the logo screen that's impossible.

I replied to the email with the full explanation as above and included screenshots etc. Waiting for reply.

Thats where I am right now with this phone, in my opinion it's a paperweight. I am not in a position to buy a new one right now and I must hold Samsung to the warranty until the last minute, apparently their policy is not to replace a phone until it has had 3 hardware failures.
Is there anyone who has any advice on this situation re the phone problems or warranty rules?, the phrase "Wits End" springs to mind.

Thanks for reading the above

Davyman

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Will the phone boot into Download mode?
If so, you can try reloading the firmware yourself.
If not, you'll have to send it on its merry way to Samsung.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

davyman

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, yes the phone does boot into download mode. But I am reluctant to utilise that until the warranty expires. Or it could void it.

Samsung called today to arrange to get the phone back, they think it's a virus and want to flash new firmware. .. (I think) SO it is going back on it;s merry way as you say :)

At least I got them to extend the warranty by 3 months. Always a plus.

Dave

davyman

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just to close this thread, my phone went to Samsung for the 4th time and was returned on 19th August.

The letter said that they had:

Replaced faulty IC/PA/Filter and put a new sticker inside as they obviously had removed the phone interior,.

They also extended my warranty by 3 months.

I restored the phone and so far so good. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the helpful comments here.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs