I bought one of those screen replacement kits online and replaced my broken screen following the exact directions that came with the kit

(exact Amazon listing titled "S3 ProKit conversion Replacement Screen Glass Lens color conversion Kit S3 i9300 I747 T999 i535 (Marble White) s3 prokit adhesive")

Now my screen is completely blank. The LED lights flash and the audio works so I know the phone is on, it's just that I don't see anything on the screen.
    09-11-2014 09:12 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

I can only assume from your description that you replaced just the cracked glass? And that the AMOLED display was working fine before you worked on it?

Trying to replace just the glass is a crapshoot - you're more likely to damage the digitizer and/or display than to actually fix anything.

It's possible that you didn't reconnect something correctly but much more likely that you need to replace the complete screen assembly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the forums!

I can only assume from your description that you replaced just the cracked glass? And that the AMOLED display was working fine before you worked on it?

Trying to replace just the glass is a crapshoot - you're more likely to damage the digitizer and/or display than to actually fix anything.

It's possible that you didn't reconnect something correctly but much more likely that you need to replace the complete screen assembly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    09-15-2014 11:21 AM