I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which I purchased in Hong Kong. It's running 4.1.2.

I'm trying to hunt down something that send up an annoying pop-up (in Chinese!) every so often that drains my battery. I've installed GSAM Battery Monitor, and when the pop-up appeared, under the App usage, it spotted that the app was called analys.

When I dug into the Applications list, I saw TWO apps - one called analys, and one called Analys (note the capitalisation).

So the question is - what are these apps, and what do they do? Can I remove them both?

It seems suspicious to have two similar names with just the capital letter at the front of one of them...
    10-15-2014 05:47 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which I purchased in Hong Kong. It's running 4.1.2.

I'm trying to hunt down something that send up an annoying pop-up (in Chinese!) every so often that drains my battery. I've installed GSAM Battery Monitor, and when the pop-up appeared, under the App usage, it spotted that the app was called analys.

When I dug into the Applications list, I saw TWO apps - one called analys, and one called Analys (note the capitalisation).

So the question is - what are these apps, and what do they do? Can I remove them both?

It seems suspicious to have two similar names with just the capital letter at the front of one of them...
    No samsung phones have does app maybe its a carrier app search if you delete them or disable them if that dosent work you may need to root the device and do it yourself.
    10-15-2014 06:01 AM