I have an unlocked AT&T galaxy s3 on Straight Talk. We all know that Straight Talk says no no to any type of internet sharing. So can I put a wireless only plan sim in my phone to use as a hotspot in the evening for my children to play on the tablet? And still be able to keep my mobile service during the day?
    Please and Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2014 06:23 AM
    I have an unlocked AT&T galaxy s3 on Straight Talk. We all know that Straight Talk says no no to any type of internet sharing. So can I put a wireless only plan sim in my phone to use as a hotspot in the evening for my children to play on the tablet? And still be able to keep my mobile service during the day?
    Please and Thanks

i don't see why not but -

1. you need to make sure the phone is "Unlocked" and can accept the new SIM swap.
    2. you need to make sure that the phone has a working "Hotspot" feature.
    3. rather than buy a new data-only plan for the kids and swap SIM cards every day - you might want to just consider switching to AT&T GoPhone. for $55/month (with $5 discount for credit card autopay) you get Unlimited Talk/Text/2.5GB of 4G LTE data per month which INCLUDES THE HOTSPOT FEATURE. add $10/month for every extra 1GB of 4G LTE only as you need it. so for only ~$10 more per month vs. Straight Talk - you'll have what you need and your kids can use the hotspot with no problem. Go into any CORPORATE COMPANY-OWNED AT&T Store with an Unlocked Phone and they can set you up. i use it now with a Nexus 5 and will soon get the Nexus 6. i like the Nexus devices because they are unlocked and the hotspot feature is built-in and not messed with by carriers. good luck!

New GoPhone Plans with Unlimited Text to Mexico, Canada, and over 100 Other Countries

Nexus 5 – Google
    10-22-2014 07:01 AM
    Thank you. The phone is unlocked I'm sure. I paid for it to be and I used it on metro for a while? ?? But when u say working hotspot feature, I have the feature but i guess with straight talk the block it? I did not think that AT&T had a prepaid plan like that. I'd love to go to back to AT&T, I kick myself everyday for leaving them...

10-22-2014 07:25 AM