So my Samsung l9305 was charging normally the day before. This night it started to charge VERY slowly. Earlier this day, I got it to "charge", but it wasn't charging (it stood on 50%, yet the shock icon on the battery was there, and I let it charge for about 30 minutes). And a few hours ago, it won't even get recognized when I am trying to charge it! I have tried different cables and chargers, I have cleaned out any dirt that has gotten into the charger slot, I have disassembled and reassembled the phone multiple times, and I have tried charging it in the computer's USB slot aswell. I am suspecting a dead charger slot. Are there any other reasons why it could have started doing this?
    10-28-2014 04:16 PM
    It might be the port or it might be the battery, too. How old is it? Maybe it's reaching the end of its useful life... Have you tried a different battery or can you try your battery in a different phone to see if it will charge slowly as well?
    10-28-2014 04:42 PM
    You should also try turning the phone off completely and see if it'll charge normally - that'll eliminate any misbehaving applications from the troubleshooting tree.

If it turns out to be the micro-USB port you could either get it replaced (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...b-port-repair/) or just invest in a wireless charging solution.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    10-28-2014 04:49 PM
    "It might be the port or it might be the battery, too. How old is it? Maybe it's reaching the end of its useful life... Have you tried a different battery or can you try your battery in a different phone to see if it will charge slowly as well?"

I actually got a new battery just two days ago.

"You should also try turning the phone off completely and see if it'll charge normally - that'll eliminate any misbehaving applications from the troubleshooting tree."

I just had it the entire day recharging off, nothing happened
    10-29-2014 06:50 AM
    Then yeah, it seems like it's a hardware issue. Might be the port or might be the charging circuit. If you have quick access to a wireless charging cover for the S3 then that might rule out the charging circuit and pin-point it to the USB port.
    10-29-2014 11:24 AM