Why is my SD card saying it is full then all of a sudden it says it's half full?

pooooooop1200

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
probs with sd card on s3

i have just bought a 64gb micro sd for my s3. i have tried formatted the card in the phone. the problem is i am in the process of transferring everything from my old sd card and when it has finished it says everything is there and suddenly approx half the folders are empty, this is while it is still in the computer. any help greatly appreciated as its driving me nuts

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: probs with sd card on s3

Welcome to Android Central! I've heard this from multiple people. It seems to happen when you try to transfer a huge number of files at a time. Try copying them in smaller batches.

Also, run chkdsk to make sure the card isn't corrupted: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Running SD Insight can also let you know if the card is actually what it says it is, since counterfeit SD cards remain a big problem.

pooooooop1200

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

have tried all at once and in smaller batches to no avail. tried chkdsk and seems ok and insight said it was invalid and was a 67gb card

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

insight said it was invalid and was a 67gb card

Bad sign. If the seller doesn't respond, contact eBay directly and tell the what's going on. eBay is pretty good about protecting the buyer, so see if they can do anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance